Monday, March 3, 2008

YEAH!!!!

Here is a rundown of our last 2 nights with Bellaboo in her own bed:

After her last crying episode at 9:15 last night, she slept until 4:30 in the morning. She woke up crying and Jeff went to change her diaper. A few minutes later, he appears in our room with her in his arms. I did not want her to hear my voice, so I grunted and he figured I did not want her to come to bed with us. He brought her back to her bed and came back asking why. I told him I did not want to start training her to wake up in the early morning to get in our bed. It would defeat the purpose. She cried for 27 minutes and then fell asleep until I woke her up at 6:30 to get ready to leave for work!!!

Tonight: Jeff brought her into her room and she instantly started to wrap her legs tightly around his waist and hug his neck tightly, all the while shaking her head empahatically no. He put her in her crib and told her he loved her and "night-night". She cried and screamed and 7 minutes later it stopped instantly. I cracked the door to see what was going on and she was sitting down with her "dolly" loving it. Then she laid down on her other baby doll and put her cute little bottom in the air and actually went to sleep!!!!!!! I was amazed. 7 minutes!!!!

It is 2 hours later and I am pleased to report that she is still asleep! Now, I am not foolish enough to think it will always be this easy, but I will say I am truly at a loss for words that the first 2 nights went as smoothly as they did. The only difference between the first time I tried this a month and a half ago and now is that I am not going in to her when she cries. Of course, if she were to cry for more than 45 minutes, I will go reassure her that I have not left her. I really think that her seeing me and not being able to have me, made her REALLY mad and made it last longer. She has quite the temper!

Now, you may be wondering how it affected her interaction with me today. Well, it was actually much better! She was a lot happier and more content and did not get as irritable. I think she is sleeping so much better. I, too, was less irritable and much happier! :) Sounds like things are going to get a little easier around here.

I still can't post pics. FRUSTRATING!!!! I had some to post from Valentine's Day when we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. It was great. It is our family tradition to take Jake there every Valentine's Day Night and it was wonderful to have Bella with us this year! She has a blast and hopefully, I will be able to prove it with my cute pics one day. Also, back in January, there was snow in the next state of Mississippi one Saturday and so we decided to pack up Jake and Bella and go to the snow. That's right... we traveled a little over 1 and 1/2 hours to play in the snow for about 20 minutes and then turn around and come home. We stopped in a church parking lot and made snow angles and a 3 foot snowman. It was a blast! I will post those pics as I am able.

That is the latest in this household... stay tuned for more of the bedtime saga...

14 comments:

JuJu - said...

good for you - you have to do what works for your family - -at my house - that required me moving out of my bedroom for a while - but hey - AG is sleeping and so are we:) SLEEP is a very important thing;)Glad you guys are getting some:)

I am so glad to hear about Jake- GO JAKE!!!! Big news -

Can't wait to see new Bella pics:)

I was thinking about how hard you had to fight to bring that sweet baby girl home today - all the prayers we all prayed = and I just stopped and smiled so big - that thought of her running around your house laughing and being with her family - I just had to smile:)

Julia:)

Kim said...

I'm so glad it's going so good. I hope she continues to sleep well - it's so much better for EVERYONE!!

I had to laugh that you drove that far to play in snow. :) I'm sure the kids loved it.

Jenn said...

Congratulations on getting her to sleep in her own bed! That's so great! It sounds like it is going so well!

Stacie said...

Sounds like she has done really great these first 2 nights. GO BELLA! I know it is SO HARD not to go running in there everytime she cries.

Man, I have never valued my sleep so much until Allie came home. We have been fighting ear infections, one right after the other, since January. That means NO SLEEP! Hopefully this 3rd antibiotic will do the trick!

Come on blogger...WORK! We need Jake and Bella pictures!!

Hope you are having a great week!
Stacie

Unknown said...

Hi--I can so relate to your entry but I give in too easy and Miss Ava typically ends up with me! I couldn't take the lack of sleep anymore. I can't wait to see pix of your children!

The Frugal Countess said...

yay!!!!!! Go Bella!!

I miss you! I'm glad we got to talk to today - even if it was BIZARRO LAND. ;-) I can't wait until summer when you're home in the daytime so I can gab your ear off!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo

Jami said...

Amanda, it's so great to "hear" from you! I just laugh because I am relating to SO much of what you're saying!

For one, Hudson just recently started giving us "smacking" kisses. A lot like Bella I think we're he makes a loud smack sound when he does it! Sometimes he just grabs my face in his hands and kisses and kisses! Oh the joy!

Also - I totally laughed when you wrote about grunting to get the message to Jeff! Sometimes, I just hide under the covers in hopes that the kiddos don't see me first thing in the morning! This momma likes her sleep! :)

Glad the sleeping issue is going better. Really, it only took Hudson about a day or two of "tough" love (ie: not going back in) before he got better. Now he's the easiest one to put to bed! Love you!

Jodie said...

YAY!! I hope things continue to go well at bedtime!

Jenn said...

Hey, I wanted to let you know that I got the book. I tried calling you a couple of times this week, but you weren't home.

Becca said...

Good job! Ella has been in her own room now for a long time. I bought her a toddler bed, along with a small roll-up pad for me to lay on beside her bed. Guess what she sleeps on? My pad. Her baby dolls and animals sleep in her toddler bed. Oh, well. At least she is sleeping on her own, right? Dave or I lay down with her for no more than just a few minutes and then we leave. She will either cry a little bit or go right to sleep.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Kristin said...

WE WANT PICS!!!!!

Call me, chickie...I am dying to hear that sweet voice of yours...and catch up on all the latest adventures!!!

CALL ME!!! ;)

Miss you,
Kristin

Jill said...

Wonderful news!

Have a Happy Easter!

LouLou said...

Girlie, if you don't give me a picture of Bella in her Easter dress I will be driving to Louisiana!

Our Family of 5 said...

HI! I found your blog via Sarah's. Your children are beautiul.
Lisa
http://our-journey-for-sophia.blogspot.com/