Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day of Prayer

Tomorrow has been declared The National Day of Prayer for the Orphans of Guatemala. Adoptions have been suspended for the next 30 days. This means that ALL cases in PGN have been halted. No one's case will be released. I know many of you remember the set backs we faced during our process. I mean, it seemed like we were living a LifeTime movie gone bad! Some of you know the toll it took on me and Jeff.

Even though Isabella is home, my heart still aches for the children and families that are still waiting to be joined with their children forever. I was naive enough to think that once I got Bella here, I would be able to put it all behind me and "move on". Well I was WRONG! I mean, how do you go over there and see what you see and not be changed forever? How do you "move on" after something so life changing as adoption? How do you look into the faces of little ones that long for the loving touch of a mommy and a daddy and not love in a totally different capacity as you did before?

My heart breaks because of this newest development. My prayers are with each of you waiting for your precious little ones to come home. My heart breaks for what will happen to the other children that did not have the opportunity to be matched with a forever family. I pray that God moves in a big way for the children of Guatemala and the families still in process. Will you join with me?

Please visit my friend Julia's blog for more info about this:
http://www.thejujucrew.blogspot.com

I believe that we can bring about change! His Word declares it so! Storm the gates of Heaven and bombard His throne room with us!

2 comments:

JuJu - said...

thank you so much for helping to get the word out Amanda.

If God sees caring for the widows and orphans as pure and perfect - then we know what we are called to do-EVERY day - not just once a year.
I hear people say, "Oh - that is not for me - I am not called to adopt."

But Amanda - we are ALL called to adopt. The word of God clearly states it in James 1:27. We may not be called to physically adopt - but we are called to adopt these lost children in our hearts and to help them by praying, giving and also by DOING!!

I know with this many Mommas praying that we are going to see MIRACLES in Guatemala! I have that kind of faith.

I think of how many times things looked so bad for you , for Steph, for so many families - and we all got on our knees -
Your babies are home - and we are going to pray the rest of them HOME!!!

Love you girl!
Love to be prayaing with you again!

Julia:)

Jami said...

Hey Amanda! It's good to "hear" from you! I think about the fact that it could be me waiting on Hudson during this time.

It was so difficult during our wait but now this seems almost unbearable for these families! We continue to pray for all those caught in it.

Can you believe you're almost done with the school year?! :)