Monday, December 1, 2008

You have GOT to be kidding me....!!!!

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving. Would you believe I went off and forgot my camera. So, I have NO pictures of our day! Well here is my day today:

Two days before we got out for the Thanksgiving holidays, Bella got strep throat and I missed those 2 days of school. Today was our first day back and she started running fever last night. Jeff is sick, so he stayed home with her. I made an appointment with the ENT for both of them at 3:30. I get a text message from Jeff at 2:30 telling me "call me... 911". Needless to say, my heart stopped as I dialed his number. He told me he wouldn't be able to get to the doctor's appointment. I asked why, to which he responded: "I am lying on the floor unable to move." I immediately knew his back had to have gone out. (This happened 3 years ago and 2 months later he had back surgery... 4 weeks after I had a hysterectomy!) I was right! He was getting out of the shower, went to turn off the water and, obviously, moved the wrong way. I had to QUICKLY find someone to take over my class so that I could hurry home to another city (I live in a different one than I work) to get to my 2 year old that could wreak some SERIOUS damage with a daddy incapacitated!!!

Did I mention that I am keeping 2 other boys? My friend and her husband had to go out of town on business for the next 2 weeks. So they are staying with us during the week. I am now responsible for getting 4 children ready for school, fed breakfast and supper, homework for 3 of them, 4 baths and 4 to bed. WOW!!! Luckily, they are VERY well-behaved boys and will be no problem at all!

Okay, now back to me rushing home.... as I am hurrying home, one of the boys begins to feel sick. As I hear him cry from the third row, I look in the back and get him a bag just in the nick of time! At the SAME time the bars go down on the train tracks and I am stuck waiting for a train to go by us! At this point, I have one throwing up, a train detaining me and I realize that my car is running on fumes!! Add to that the thoughts I am having of Bella running loose in the house with my husband laying on the floor watching things come down around him! NOT a GOOD feeling!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention I am turning 36 on Wednesday????

I called Jeff, kept him on the phone with me, pumped my gas and got home! All children have done homework, Jeff has muscle relaxers that have kicked in, Bella got her Motrin, supper is cooking and I am ready for a VACATION!!!!! Anybody want to join me????????

post signature

13 comments:

Terry said...

Girl!! This has been one heck of a day! Please call me if you need any help with ANYTHING...cooking, homework, babysitting, whatever. And remember that tomorrow is another day...let's just hope it's a little calmer for you.

Mama Bunny said...

OMG. I am sorry. Hope you're all doing better SOON!

Sarah said...

Wow... makes my blood pressure go up just reading it! I hope the rest of the week gets better!! And Happy Birthday!!!

Bekah said...

No words. I can't even imagine. I would have had a stroke. Praying for your family!

Susie said...

:) Ahhh....praise God this life is not eternal! None of this will be existent in His kingdom. You had a great way of making humor out of it, what else can you do sometimes, right? Blessings, Susie

Jami said...

Hey Amanda - it's good to hear from you again! I hope tomorrow is smoother for you! :)

Steve & Amy said...

What a day!!! When it rains it pours!! Praying that things calm down for you and that you can have a relaxing birthday with little to no drama:)

Rose said...

Oh MY!!!!

The Frugal Countess said...

How's Jeff's back? Are your houseguests gone yet? Miss ya!

Jenn said...

Wow! I'm exausted just reading the story! I hope things have calmed down since then!

Jill said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGG! This is terrible! I hope everyone is okay now!

Faith, Family, Future said...

Oh I am so late posting a comment but please forgive me, life is finally settling down a little in our house so I can try and catch up!!

I hope everyone is well now and you had a fantastic Christmas. I am going to get the book you posted about....I definately need to read that after what we have been through.

I hope I can keep in touch better now and know I am still here and love reading your blog.

Happy New Year,
Tammy

Jaimie Lloyd said...

Totally off the subject but I wanted to Thank you again for all the SBP stuff we got. I posted to my blog with pics and thanks but I don't know if you ever saw it. I with your help, googled your address and poked around enough to find you. I thought about you'll in Nov when we came through on our way to Alabama as we were actually stuck in your town for a long time due to a really bad traffic accident on the highway. Anyway thanks again Berik loves his stuff! Gena Lloyd jaimiegena@yahoo.com