Tuesday, March 3, 2009

some changes

Let me start off by saying that I have not been a very faithful blogger! I have been in a very strange place since Isabella came home. It hasn't been a bad place- just different. I am going to share something that some readers may have a problem with, but it is my blog and I am going "there".

I LOVE that we grew our family through adoption and am so grateful to Bella's birthmom for the sacrifice she made for her and our family. I pray that she will someday know how loved her daughter is by our family and friends. We do (and will continue to) talk freely about adoption; however, we are ready to move past "our adoption" and begin living as a family of 4. (Be patient with me... all of these thoughts are jumbled and chaotic and I am struggling with getting my point across in a coherent manner.) It's not that we haven't been living.. its just that I feel we have been healing. Those of you that followed our adoption, know that it was QUITE STRESSFUL, to say the least. Although, she came home in Oct. 0f 2007, I only now have begun to feel like the healing of our hearts and emotions (and bodies!) has happened.

Adoption will ALWAYS be a part of who we are as a family, but I feel like it is time to move on from all the hurts and losses and begin to just BE. Does that make sense? It is the only way I know how to say it. With that being said, I have decided to open a new blog. It will be a blog: where I blog about life as a mom that feels like a success some days and a mom that has had her share of failures, where I am a wife struggling to be all that I can to the man God has given me. A place to just be 'me'- living the life that God blessed me with.

I feel like the season of healing is over and I have emerged ready for the next phase He has for our family. So it is with great pleasure, that I invite you to join us at http://thisandthat-jajbs.blogspot.com/. I will be a much more faithful blogger... at least, those are my intentions! ;)

post signature

6 comments:

Mrs. Sassy S. said...

Oh man! The link doesn't work. I really hope you will check this because I would love to continue to follow your lives.

Pineapple Princess said...

The link was weird, but I finally got it to work.

I love your new "place". It's fabulous!

Mom 4 Kids said...

We are heading on over to this and that and keeping up with your precious family!

Rebecca said...

Hey Amanda,
Thanks for requesting me on Facebook. I found this link and now I will follow you to your new blog.
Looking forward to getting to know you.
Rebecca

Paul said...

Mahi Nursing Bureau
Our physiothrerapist handle any kind of nerve, muscle, and bone injuries as well as illnesses that can affect these areas.

Healthy Weight Loss Tips said...

Rehnu Refiners Services