As I type this, my husband, Jeff, is in the air and we are eagerly anticipating his arrival home. He left Saturday to aid in processing orphans and escorting them home to their waiting families in the U.S. I know many of you have read what is going on in the adoption world of Haiti. UNICEF has once again reared its UGLY head and managed to bring things to a chaotic stand still. Jeff has only touched on some things that he witnessed, experienced, and stood in awe of while there. Jeff agreed to write a post about what they did while he was there, as well as shed some light on UNICEF and what they are doing right now. It is truly sickening! I feel comfortable discussing these issues because it is not merely here say, but what he witnessed with his own eyes and experienced daily as he went in and out of the embassy and sat there for hours on end dealing with the process changing almost by the minute, as well as the antics of UNICEF representatives. The focus of his post will not be UNICEF, but I do want him to share what his team experienced with them. I want him to focus on seeing love conquering tragedy, people from different backgrounds coming together for our neighbors and a need that is almost too great to describe. I know that he came back with more of a burden for Haiti than before. Before this earthquake, I can say that we had not thought much about Haiti, but once this tragedy happened, something began to burn inside the both of us. It was days before we even mentioned it to each other. (To see how he ended up in Haiti, read the post below.-- it is TRULY amazing!) He told me on the phone today that he fell in love with the people and made several contacts. He feels we have a work to do there and we will begin praying about what that work may be and for God to begin opening doors.
I must say, life this Wednesday is different than life last Wednesday! It amazes me how your life can change in the blink of an eye when God is in control! So, I hope you will check back in the next few days, as he begins to share with us. It will probably take a few posts to tell it all.
Stay tuned.....



7 comments:
I am so excited to see what he has to say. I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait!
Awesome!!!! Can't wait to hear about his travels and the ways God has blessed him with this trip. Because.... "Been there, done that!" Once you've been to Haiti, it gets in your heart, your mind and your blood and the Lord blesses you in ways you never imagined.
After reading a few of your posts I am touched by your loving-heart and inspired by your total surrender to God’s calling. Your certainty in knowing and following God’s plan, takes courage, and I applaud you for that. What a blessing!!
I am looking forward to reading what your husband witnessed.
God Bless you and your family, Cindy
Wow! You two are inspiring...cannot wait to hear all about his trip and what God has in store for your family!
We hope to talk to you this weekend and hear more!!! Enjoy having your husband home. I am sorry that obstacles got in the way of this trip, but maybe it was just the beginning. Know that we are with you...we will do work together one day
LOVE AND HUGS
Can't wait to hear all about it. Love your blog! It is so you!!
Wonderful!!!
Pressure Die Casting Machine
We are provides die casting machines, aluminum die casting machine, automatic die casting machines, continuous casting machines and pressure die casting machine.
Post a Comment