Thursday, April 3, 2008

HELP!!! ...

Blogger is giving me problems. I have not posted in a month because I want to post new pics of my adorable kiddos, but I am experiencing technical difficulties. I get the first picture posted okay and then when I go onto the second and third, Internet Explorer shuts me down and tells me it needs to close and kicks me out.

Now, until I started blogging, I did not know much about computers... still don't. I am not sure what could be the problem, but I NEED it fixed because I have some of the CUTEST pictures to post!!!!!! If anybody has any ideas, please share them with me. Also, is there a way to post more than one picture at a time? It takes SO long that way. Just wondering....

Well, Jake started his baseball season this weekend. He is playing 2nd base and doing a fantastic job! He made most of the outs in his opening tournament game this past weekend and turned several double plays. I am one proud MOMMA!! I will share pics of him in action as soon as I am able.

We were home for Spring Break last week and Miss Bella got spoiled having her Mommy around. She is all out of whack now, though. She has definitely hit that toddler stage of being a TOTAL Mommy's girl! I told Jeff the other day, "we should have just named her Shadow." That about sums up our relationship and I would NOT have it any other way!! I did go "hide" in my closet the other day for some time to myself and heard her wandering around saying, "Mom Me!" She turned the corner and "found" me and was quite pleased with herself. I think she thought we were playing hide-n-seek. She started clapping and jumping up and down and squealing with delight that she "found" me. It was priceless.

She is getting better with her sleeping. We are not totally there yet, but it is much better. She is not very fond of her bed yet. I hope that comes soon. I must say, she is doing better than Jake did at her age, but I am to blame for that. I was younger and scared I would mess him up. I have learned that they are pretty resilient and that I am not damaging her by teaching her how to fall asleep on her own! I was scared she would resent me for letting her cry, but to my surprise, it did not make her mad at me. It actually made her the opposite- much happier! I know it is because she is getting better rest and so am I! I will keep you updated.

We only have 6 weeks of school left and I can't wait. I really enjoyed being home this past week. I forgot how much I enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom. My house was cleaned, my laundry done and my supper cooked when Jeff came home. I was much more relaxed and everyone was happier. Come On Summer!!!!

I hope I still have readers. I will be able to write more consistently once school is out. Working with 2 children has really been an adjustment for our family. I know that sounds wimpy, but I stayed home with Jake for 5 years and had an only child for 8 years. Along comes our 13 month toddler, in the middle of my school year and it really rocked our world. Things are getting easier now. We have a schedule going and Bella has truly adjusted well and so have we. Now, grant it, my house is not nearly as clean as it used to be, but there are more laughs and smile and giggles and kisses and hugs than ever before, so the trade off has been worth it! Tonight Bella and Jake were in the tub together and I was cooking supper. The laughter that was coming from that bathroom had me crying tears of sheer joy. Jake longed for and prayed for a sibling for so long and to hear him with his heart's desire, was more than I could contain. God has been so good to our family.

If you are still with me and reading and checking on us, please leave a comment to let me know. And if you know what I am doing wrong with trying to post my pictures, please leave me a comment, also.

13 comments:

Mama Bunny said...

Hey girl,

maybe you could try another internet browser instead of IE? some people prefer firefox i think it is called.

have you run a virus scan?

can't wait to see pics.

Dawn said...

Definitely change your main browser to Mozilla Firefox. It's much more "bullet proof" and you will stop getting those annoying "error" messages! :) It's so easy I did it myself. Honestly.

As far as uploading pictures, select "browse" to get the first picture. Then instead of selecting "upload", in the upper left corner select "add another picture". You can do this up to 5 pictures. That's what it can hold and then you select "upload".

Hope that's clear! Good luck!
d:)

Bekah said...

i agree...i use firefox as well. love it. i have missed your updates! you had me all teary eyed talking about your two kiddos giggling in the tub. can't wait to see pictures!

Kim said...

OHH - It's good to hear from you!! I'm glad everyone is doing well. I agree with all the advice you have already received, and I can't wait to see new pictures!!!

Terry said...

Glad to see you back...I'd been wondering when we would get an update!

I'm still computer stupid in a way so I have no ideas for you, but thanks to the commenter that told you how to upload more than 1 pic at a time....that will save me some work, too.

Terry

Mom2noah said...

HEY!!!! I am still here! I can't wait to see pictures either!

OH....BTW....You and Jodie don't make plans for May 3rd. We are having a Cinco de Mayo party (yearly event) in Biloxi for all of our precious Guatebabies! You guys HAVE to come! I will tell you all about it later! Just save that date!

Alisha

Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice to hear you again! About the pics, can you do like a montage of pics on Photoshop and then just post the competed image? Don't know if that is possible. I quit using IE years ago and now use Safari (of course we use Macs) Hope to see ya soon. We hope to head to BR 1st week of June. Lilly G.

Whitney said...

Sorry no computer advice...just glad to hear from ya! Looking forward to seeing your cuties!

Gail said...

I'm still here checking up on you. Glad things are going well and hope you get the internet problem fixed soon. I would love to see pictures!
Gail

Jami said...

Hey Amanda - I'm still checking. Sorry I can't help with your problems...how annoying though!

Glad to see an update!

The gFamily said...

My husband calls IE, internet exploder! Definitely try firefox! I hope you get it fixed, because I am excited to see new pics!! I am still so thrilled that your "shadow" is home and filling your hearts!!

Kim Capello said...

I'm still here! I can't wait to see the pics you want to post.

Anonymous said...

I have been a lurker for close to a year now. I cont. to check in on your beautiful family. I am so glad to see your family again and to read that everything is busy but everyone is settling in nicely. I am so glad to see Bella with her family. I cried when I saw the homecoming pics. Glad you have your computer glitches fixed. I hope I may cont. to watch your beautiful family grow. I have two daughters of my own. One is 5 1/2 and the other is 3. I found your blog from a friend of mines blog who also adopted from Guatemala.

Thank you for letting me take a peek at Gods good work!

Sincerely,
Stacy
in Richmond