I know I was supposed to write my 10 things about each of my kiddos last week (or was it the week before last?), but ball season is keeping us QUITE BUSY! So, I guess, better late than never....
Jake:
1. Ever watch the show Monk? Well, Jake could be his child! He is OCD with some things.
2. He does NOT like change. Case in point: The lady that lives next door to us is getting remarried and moving into her new husband's house. She has only been living here for about 1 year. Jake offered to weed her flower beds for her as he sees that it is needed. Well, tonight as we were driving into our driveway, he noticed that she had a FOR Sale sign in her yard. He asked "Why?" We explained and he started to cry. He really likes her because she is so nice and he is going to miss helping her.
3. He is 100% rough and tough boy, but has the most tender heart in the world!
4. He LOVES any kind of sport. He knows all the stats on players, college and pro, along with most of their numbers. He can recall plays from games years ago, as well as which team they were playing when the play occurred. If you see Jake, you will rarely see him without some sort of ball in his hands. If there is no ball around, he will "create" one out of anything he can get his hands on.
5. He has GREAT faith. He takes God at His Word and just believes! He has taught me alot and shown me where I fall short in that department. His heart is so tender toward the Lord. I know God has BIG plans for my little man and I cannot wait to see them begin to unfold!
6. Family and friends mean the world to him. He does not just have friends. If he meets you once, he will describe you from then on out as his "best" friend, you are no longer only a friend.
7. He is still my cuddlebug!
8. He is EXTREMELY protective of his little sister. I could write a book, but I will spare you-- trust me on this one.
9. He is the life of the party. He has FUN everywhere he goes.
10. He is an adrenaline junkie, just like his daddy.
11. He LOVES animals, just like his daddy. If it were up to them, we would have every kind of animal at my house.
Isabella:
1. Sleep is her LEAST favorite thing in the world to do, unless she is in my arms. I know she is getting tired when she reaches for me to pick her up and then says "Jesus". That is my cue to sing "Jesus Loves Me" to her and she lays her head to on my shoulder. It is the SWEETEST thing in the world. That was the song I sang to her when she was so sick at our first visit when she was 1 month old. On each visit, whenever I would sing that song to her, she would pick up her head and look at me with a certain look in her eye... sort of like she remembered it EACH time.
2. For the longest time, she would not wear a bow in her hair. So, I would try it every now and then and when I would, I would say "OH, Bella is so pretty!" Well, now she wears bows and whenever we say "You are so pretty", she automatically says OOOHHHH! It is SO cute!
3. She LOVES shoes. Any kind of shoes. And purses. Anyone who knows me, knows that she is taking after her Mommy!!
4. She LOVES to dance and does it to ANY music she hears.
5. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES bananas. We have to hide them because she will make herself sick.
6. She MUST have her juice AS SOON AS she wakes up, or you will be made miserable! It is like an addiction to her. WE all know, do NOT talk to Bella until she has had her juice!
7. She is beginning to try to pick out her own clothes! I have tried to put certain outfits on her the past 3 days and she shakes her head no and goes to her closet. I open it up and pick her up and she picks out dresses to wear. I think I have created a little DIVA!
8. I am having to bypass the clothes aisle in stores, because she picks up outfits off the rack and tries to put them in the basket, saying "AWWWW" the whole time.
9. She LOVES her stroller and her car seat. Very different than Jake ever was about this one.
10. She is a biter, an adrenaline junkie, and a climber.
So, there you have it. I finally finished my tag!
Tomorrow (Wed.) is 6 months home with Isabella. I will have a special post for you. I hope I still have some readers. Only 3 weeks left of school and then I am off for the summer. I can't wait to join blogland again!!!
11 years ago


7 comments:
LOVE IT! Your kids are awesome!
OK...so 3 more weeks and THEN we'll make plans. How many weeks will you be out of school so that we can try, try again?
Terry
You still have readers... I will be blog stalking for the post!
6 months... it really flies, yet seems like yesterday, is that weird?
I am glad you were here for me through it. Reading your blog was a comfort through the process... so thanks!
Bella's #6 and 8 are absolutely cracking me up. wow...6 months already. that seems unreal. isa's a biter too...how are you dealing with that? i'll try to give you a call this weekend.
This post is so fun!!!! I love it.
I still check in when I can! I can't wait to see the kids again!
so good to hear about your sweet kiddos:):)
can't wait to see the post:)
Congrats on six months home! And my deepest sorrow - I am so sorry that your baby does not like sleep. Bless your heart. Praying for you. (I would DIE.)
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Post a Comment