I am in a very emotional place right now. I talked to my friend, Jane yesterday and have been crying ever since. Be patient with me during this post, because it may be scattered. The words may not come out coherently... I will try my best.
Many of you know what we faced trying to get Isabella home. Our attorney was Susana Luarca and she used our case to blaze the way for cases to get through Family Court for approval instead of PGN. It was hell, to say the least. Did I always handle each problem well? NO!! At times, it seemed as though we were living a Lifetime Movie gone bad. Should I have trusted God all the way? Yes, but I am human and He knows this. Did I grow? YES!! All of that to say, that He was faithful even though I always was not.
As I talked to Jane, my heart was broken all over again. The current state of suspended adoptions has got to be the WORST state ever. My heart is breaking for all of the Mommas and Daddies and siblings waiting for their child in Guatemala. Unless you have ever adopted and had to leave your child in another country, you will not understand this brokenness that these families are experiencing. I used to read blogs of families that had their child home and would get angry and hurt because we just could not seem to catch that break. Looking back, I now know that she came home in that PERFECT time and that EVERY setback changed me and stretched my faith in BIG ways, but it does not take away the pain of missing so much of my daughter's first year of life. It does not change the tears I cried each night and each special occasion we celebrated without her. I would lay awake in bed and just cry until the tears ran dry thinking of her in the crib in the hogar. Wondering if anyone was running to her crib when she cried in the middle of the night or if she awakened each day to smiles and kisses. It was hard.
I look at my daughter these days and cry, but the tears are coming from a different place and have a different motive now. I cannot imagine life with out her. It is amazing how she just "fits" our family. God is so awesome. I used to sing songs in church about how awesome our God is and truly never grasped that concept until I met Isabella. Every detail of her adoption was orchestrated by my BIG God. I look at her and cry for her birthmom. Jake is our biological child and I cannot imagine not knowing where he was for the rest of his life. To love your child so much that you are willing to live out the rest of your days not knowing where your child is living, who is taking care of her, what values they are instilling into her life... those are hard things to not know. Yet, this woman did just that. That, to me is LOVE! I have also come to realize the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. I became a Christian at a young age and grew up hearing how God loves me, but until I experienced the miracle of adoption, I never really GOT it. Does that make sense? Am I making sense?
I guess I don't know what I am trying to say. I know that my heart is hurting for all of you stuck in this political mess. I mean, truly aching and hurting. I do not say that lightly, nor am I saying it because it just seems like what someone should say. I have bawled the past few weeks over this. Words are sometimes empty, but prayers are not. I am praying for you and your children and will rejoice with you when they come home to join their forever families. Things never got this bad during our adoption with the overall system. But for our individual case, things were bad. We came close several times, for our adoption to end. I have never shared the details with you and may never, unless I go private. But those of you that read this and know... it was shaky many times for us. I truly believe that what God starts, He completes. I will be with you all until that completion takes place.
I did not title this post, because I don't know that I said anything at all. I just tried to share my heart... a broken heart, yet a grateful heart. It is my prayer that He wrap you in His arms and that those same arms will be the defender of your child and bring justice to this unjust thing the government officials are doing. I pray that He turn the hearts of these officials toward the children and their families. I know that is something that does not look possible right now. But I serve a God that turns the impossible around.
Standing with all of you...
amanda
11 years ago


10 comments:
Amanda,
That was just beautiful. I too was saved at a very young age and did not know how REAL God is until the adoption.
My heart is breaking for all the children and families in the process right now. And my heart breaks for all the children who need to be in the process and can't be.
Well said my friend!!!
Andrea
Amanda,
Very well said. I pray too each day for all of those involved. I also look at my baby and am overwhelmed with emotion and am still in awe that she is here and I can love on her every day. The unknowing is so scary for the state of these families...Hopefully things will be resolved soon and these families and babies can find peace and hope.
Donna
Amanda,
Thank you so much for this post! Thank you for your tears....they mean so much to me today. I am aching for my baby to be home. But, I know that the Lord is still right beside her even in all of this mess. It is just so scary at times. Please pray for Eliana's health....she is losing weight and it worries me!! We will hopefully have some answers soon.
Love,
Lindsey
We must be going through the same pain at the same time - read my post from yesterday morning.
I know how you feel about the families...I did not go through the Hell you or your family did - so I can't relate to that.
I just know that I hurt so much for the families caught up in this mess.
I have to believe that God will finish what he started with these precious children. I am spurred on to work in Guatemala and do what I can to make it better.
and I will.
Love and hugs to you and know I am joined in prayer with you for these precious families fighting to bring their babies home.
Amanda - thanks for sharing your heart. This situation is Guatemala is so scary and I am praying too. Waiting was so hard even when things went (fairly) smoothly (like in our case) but with all of this uncertainty...it must be heartwrenching.
Lord, please work miracles today!!
What a beautiful post Amanda! It speaks to all of us! I agree that adoption is the most beautiful thing in the world...but can also be the most ugly....with the uncertainty and the emotional roller coller that goes along with it. We are joining you in a prayer crusade that the Lord will bring all of the children in Guatemala to their forever familes soon. That the government can set aside their egos and politcal agenda and focus on what really matters, the children. Thank you for this post!
Amanda,
THANK YOU. I needed to read this today. This has been the roughest week I have ever had in our 20 month journey to our 7 yr old son in Guatemala. There are no words for the pain.
Now we simply wait more for God to provide a miracle in order for him to come home. Our entire family and our son are in such difficult places right now as we try to prepare him for the birthmom interview. Which supposed to be last week but rescheduled. He is terrified and nervous as are we.
Only God knows if he will ever be in our home but we are trying to stay steadfast in our faith and in GOd's plans for him.
You are a blessing and I needed this more than words can ever say.
God bless,
Tammy
Amanda, I am praying with you!! I've been thinking of a post all day and have not been able to put the words down about how heavy my heart is for those families waiting on their children. My heart also aches for those children who have no one fighting for them and are stuck in hogars. I'm working hard to help an orphange in GUA right now who have been receiving a ton of children so please keep me and your prayers so that the project is successful and the children really benefit from this. God is good and He will provide for these children. May He now provide peace to the waiting parents/children as well!
Vanessa
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com
P.S. Where are you located?
My words may seem scattered, so I'll just write Thank You - I know what you're trying to say.
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Beautiful post!
While our adoption from Ghana "only" took 9 months, we had friends bringing their children home in 4 months. When we went to Ghana to bring the children home, we planned for 2 weeks of paperwork. But ... we were stuck in Ghana for 6 weeks (while we had left 8 bio. children home alone with the 21 yo brother.)
We also know several families who have been waiting over 2 years for children from Haiti. It now looks like one of the families will not be allowed to complete the adoption. Oh the heart ache ... for the parents who have held this child in their heart for so long ... for the siblings waiting to love this new brother ... for all of the children, sitting in the orphanages, wondering if their mommy and daddy are ever going to come get them.
We continue to pray ... to lift up all the children awaiting their forever families.
Laurel :)
Post a Comment