we are still alive- busy, but alive....
we have been packing, selling things and giving things away. we are almost finished. our crate ships out august 6 and we follow it on the 13th of september!!!! we will arrive in south africa on sept. 17. it is hard to believe the time is almost here. the reality is setting in and we are realizing daily how much our lives (and the lives of our families) are about to change. it is hard- i won't lie. it is hard to know that we will spend 15 months away from our families and friends. we will miss all major holidays and birthdays. that is hard. but... we know we have to follow where HE is leading. that doesn't ease all of the pain, though. we plan to come home every december starting next year. we know and trust that the Lord is big enough to send the funds for that to happen!
after this week, we will be moving this blog and will be posting on another one. we are going to travel to dallas this weekend and my friend is going to design a new blog for us. i can't wait!!! she is incredibly talented and i know it will be great! please check back soon for the unveiling!
we are beginning to raise monthly support and are trusting God to pierce the hearts of those that He has to partner with us in this journey. i am not the least bit concerned and it is a great feeling to rest in HIS ability and not ours! we have lots to do- letters for support to send out, churches to visit and a HUGE garage sale planned for next weekend.
i have many posts reeling around in my head, but have been saving them for our new blog. we will be posting on the new blog alot more frequently than we do now. it is an exciting time and we are so ready to begin this next journey!
some prayer requests we have are:
monthly financial support, prayer partners that will cover us with prayer, smooth transition for our family, our families we are leaving, safety, and other monetary needs we have, such as airline tickets, visas, etc.,
we truly appreciate your prayers and support!


5 comments:
I teared up. I will be a blubbering, snotty mess when you leave, but I completely understand God's desire for you. You better keep that new blog updated and Skype with me. We love you guys!
I can't think about this!! My stomach just sank!! We don't see you everyday, but knowing how far away you will be just makes me feel ill!! But, we know you are going where you need to be, and you have our support and prayers.
With that said, we will miss you and SKYPE is going to be my friend:>) Our love to all
Thanks for the update. I love hearing about your preparations and have been praying for you and your family.
i just happened upon your blog, although I don't think it was an accident, after viewing hopechest.org and visiting amy's blog that you commented on ...
I just want you to know that your comment touched my heart so I checked out your blog and read your recent post ...I am so inspired and so humbled by what you are about to do ...it is a dream and passion of mine as well, and I pray that God will show my family where He wants us to go in His time ...until then, I feel that He is leading me to be praying for you...i mean, FERVENTLY praying - if you want me to be a "prayer partner" I would love to do that ...you can contact me when you have time if you would like to know more about me ...I don't have a blog, but I'm on facebook ...even if you don't have time to contact me, I will be praying for your family ...you can count on that! may God bless you as you allow Him to use you for His glory ...my email address is allisoncphillips@gmail.com ~
In Him ~
Allison
Bakery Equipment
We Deals in Commercial & Domestic Utensils for Halwai Bardana, Chaffing Dishes, Kadhai, Tawa, Pressure Cooker Crockery,Stainless Steel Utensils, A/M Utensils, S/Steel Trays, A/M Trays, All Types of Halwai Tools & All types of Gifts Items.
Post a Comment