Well, we made it to Florida and are back. Jeff felt good enough to leave that Saturday morning, but Jake got sick that night in the middle of the night. Thank God, Bella and I did not end up getting sick! Jeff hurt his wrist trying to throw Jake up for a flip in the swimming pool. We found out when we got home that the cartilage is torn from the bone and he may require surgery! He also had a tooth abscess that night. The next day, he and Jake were snorkeling near the pier and the current was pulling him. He was trying to get back to the pier and he brushed the barnacles with his other hand and cut all of his fingertips!! I was almost scared to get in a car and ride home with him! :)LOL
Jeff took some great pictures on the pier overlooking the bay. When we told Bella to smile, she began striking poses. It was hilarious! I won't share them with you yet, because I am still deciding which ones I want to use in my new blog header.... I am getting a blog makeover SOON! I am SO excited. So stay tuned for that...
Well, my summer is officially over on Tuesday. Teachers have to report for duty and work in classrooms. I will be moving up from kindergarten to third grade. That means I will be Jake's teacher. It should be an interesting year!! :)
I have been so busy traveling this summer that I am WAY behind on my blogs that I read. I hope to catch up and get back into blogging on my own. I hope I still have some readers out there that have stuck with me. If you are still reading this, please post a comment so that I know someone still visits here.
Have a great weekend!!


17 comments:
I am still a reader! Glad to hear you got to go on thetd trip, but sounds like you had some challenges! Glad you're home safely!! :>)
stephanie
Oh, goodness... I know it was vacation, but that sounds AWFUL. You'll have to scroll and read about our little trip overnight on the blog...it sounds kinda similar.
Glad to see ya back posting! I can't wait for the makeover! How fun! Jill
welcome back. seriously, i would have been afraid to ride in the car with your husband....goodness. poor guy! can't wait to see pictures!
I am still with ya! Sounds like you have had a wonderful yet interesting summer!!!
Love,
Karen
oh my gosh - Bella looks so big in the pictures and Jake is looking mighty handsome!
jane
Jake is definitely growing up too fast. Hurry up and decide about those pictures. I want to see more of your darlings.
I miss you!!!!!! I need to call you Monday before you go back to school. We've had all kinds of drama in the household - I will fill you in.
I also have Bella's bday present (which I HAVE to send b/c she won't fit in her other thing if I don't! LOL)
Still here too! Rough vacation but hopefully good to spend time together before back to school. Can't wait to see the blog make-over! I need to do that too....
What a vacation! Sounds like it was quite a adventure! I just love the picture of you & the kids...so adorable! And Bella's hair so cute in that bob:) Can't wait to see more pictures from vacation. We're in FL right now on vacation. I'm sure we'll have stories too:) Can't wait to see the new look of your blog!
Glad everyone is feeling better. Love the pics, they are all so adorable.
I am still a reader. Not as often but I still check in to see how you are all doing. The children are adorable and you right Jake is growing up to be a handsome little man. Bella is as adorable as ever. Please tell your mom & Dad I said Hello. God Bless and continue to blog and post those pictures.
Ms. Brenda
Of course you still have readers!!
Your poor hubby! WOW!
Can't wait to see the rest of your pics!
Andrea
Poor Jeff...Great pics!
Love the pictures.....I think the one of yall is great! I hate that for Jeff, always something.
Love yall
I'm still here!
Glad you made it to Destin and LOVE the pictures, but sounds like it was a little too interesting to say the least. Glad you made it home safely!
Can't wait to see the new look! Hope you have a great school year. How cool is it that you'll be Jake's teacher?
Terry
dang girl-
glad you made some special memories
can't wait to see you new look;)
I used to teach kindergarten too! Now I am a full time stay at home mommy though and with adoption number two, I don't think I will go back. I will probably sub for awhile when the kids are in school, so I am available for them but busy during the day.
Love the photos and can't wait to see more. Jake is so handsome and Bella is a beauty.
Hope Jeff is on the mend.
Post a Comment